OGLE Event Timeline

Bruno Rino brino at eso.org
Mon Jul 31 08:53:52 PDT 2006

Hi Allan,

Main comment: pretty impressive, all that in JavaScript...

Some usability comments from a monkey-test point of view:
- the even names clickable area is far bigger that necessary; it makes
it difficult to one can only drag the top scrollbar using its bottom
part (I started clicking on blank areas and that opened popups... it
took me some time to realise what was going on)
- under IE6, the event names won't display on the bottom bar (and so
they are clipped, and forever forgotten...). See July 6th. Indeed,
Firefox shows more, but still can only show 7 out of 8 events (the last
one doesn't fit... probably having "..." as last item would be better)
- even cooler: the marker (on the bottom bar) would change color when
the event name is hovered (on the top bar)!

Bruno