VOEvent, unique id's, and IVORNs

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 08:58:07 PST 2006

Matthew Graham wrote:
> Alasdair Allan wrote:
>> I'm at the AstroGrid Technical Workshop this week, and according to
>> the great and the good...
>
> Yes, the IDs are currently incorrect; however, the publisher ID does
> not need to be an Organisation resource but should rather be
> registered as a VOEvent Publisher resource.

Okay...

> The problem, of course, is that we have not yet worked out the
> metadata that we require to describe VOEvent resources in the
> registry. This is something we should try and get ready for discussion
> at VOEvent III/IVOA Interop.

Sounds like a reasonable plan, however in the meantime we should fix
our IVORNs to look like this,

   <VOEvent id="ivo://uk.org.estar/estar.ex#test/7046.81"

rather than this,

   <VOEvent id="ivo://estar.ex/test/7046.81"

or are you agruing that they should look something like this,

   <VOEvent id="ivo://estar.ex#test/7046.81"

instead?

Cheers,
Al.