another logo possibility

Andrew Drake ajd at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Dec 20 15:30:46 PST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Rob Seaman wrote:
> Matthew says:
>
>> My 3-year old likes the hand motif. I worry though about putting the
>> Islamic crescent in such a subservient position.
>
> Mike said pretty much the same thing about the hand.
>
> Here's a grayscale version with a more eventful star.  I also de-emphasized
> the angle brackets.  It's interesting that the computer scientists want to
> accentuate the astronomical aspects and the astronomers like the XMLese.

I am agree with Roy about not using XML in the logo.
The recent logos seems to be diverging from what VOEvents actually represent.
Surely the logo should clear enough to people outside this working group.
One test of whether any of these logos work might be to ask people not
involved in VOEvent what they think of them. One might also ask them to
try to hazard a guess at what they might actually represent.

cheers,
       Andrew