another logo possibility

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Wed Dec 20 09:22:53 PST 2006

Rob

I'm sorry, I really don't like this sun/moon/hand thing. I know it comes
from the Chaco canyon petroglyph, and that is a beautiful story of the
year 1054. But taken out of the context of petroglyph, we lose all that.
VOEvents do not occur on the moon, and they are not created by human
hands. So it is an inside joke.

I am also not so keen on the <XML/> symbolism, it seems to me we should
not be exposing XML syntax, but rather hiding it.

I think the right logo is a simple simple thing, just an explosion and
the word VOEvent, like the Tycho supernova.

Roy