VOEvent - Param comment

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 00:44:03 PDT 2006

<<All design is evolutionary, therefore all technologies are dead-end.>>

I meant dead-end in the workflow sense - once you produce a VOTable, it has
to go back to the user for interpretation - it is the end of the workflow
(unless the user tells the next step in the workflow what they think might
be in the VOTable, but not being based on schemas, this is a risky thing to
do). The same applies to the param parts of VOEvent.

<<cause the standard to evolve>>

And that is my concern. Instead of abandoning the param tag, people will
fudge/kludge it with something like the utype attribute, making it an even
worse construct.

<<the schema approach is the more pragmatic
That may be the first time this statement has been made :-)>>

Yes, I know I am endlessly repeating myself. I'll stop and let Petr carry on
:)

T.

  _____