An STC "when" and "where" example

Alasdair Allan aa at astro.ex.ac.uk
Mon Mar 28 03:59:48 PST 2005

Arnold,

  Arnold Rots wrote:
> TaxTimeEvent
> ============
>
> Here is the STC description of an imaginary event observed at KPNO,
> in the band 4400-4800 Angstrom, at 2005-04-15T23:58:55 (UTC) +/- 5 sec,
> in a circle with radius 1 degree centered on a particular position in
> the sky.

This is really the simplest example possible? I want to pass RA, Dec,
and a date stamp. I don't care about the band pass, just the above
three numbers, how simple can you make the document?

The STC-X example you passed was way too large. Why does the STC-S
example have implicit assumptions, while the STC-X can hove none? Why
isn't everything that is simply left out as "assumed" in STC-C not also
optional in STC-X?

Al.
--
Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter