VOEvent II summary, part 2

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Dec 14 07:11:45 PST 2005

Tony says:

> Messages which made it to the VOEvent list are at: http://ivoa.net/
> forum/voevent/0512/date.htm
>
> One 'part 1' and one 're: part 1' plus this one.

Well, yeah - but that isn't much help if the messages from the list
aren't reaching the individual members.  There is a message (pun
intended, get over it) here for us as we implement VOEvent
infrastructure.  We need to explicitly ensure confidence in the
robust and rapid delivery of alerts.  The Wednesday crowd reached a
consensus on the need for role="iamalive" packets to actively verify
connectivity throughout the VOEvent network.  Too bad the mailing
list doesn't have the same feature.

Could anybody who doesn't get this message please let me know?
(Yeah, that's a joke, too.  I'm a regular Roybin Williams.)

Rob