VOConcepts paper

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Dec 1 10:22:33 PST 2005

I suspect we are headed towards something like that.  Probably what is
needed is to define the information in some simple, stable,
technology-independent fashion which we (IVOA) control, then auto-generate
the namespaces and mappings in several popular forms such as OWL, RDF,
etc., for use at runtime by implementations.  Perhaps also in HTML, for
human viewing of the terminology and dictionaries.  It should be possible
to use the information without having to adopt some complex inference
framework, but we don't want to prevent people from doing so either.   Doug