Notes from the meeting held on 19 September

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 08:02:14 CEST 2023

Hi everyone,

Sorry this has taken so long, but here are some brief notes from the meeting a couple of weeks ago.

We discussed several key points, including:
* The discovery of theory and simulation data – do we need a TAP like service? We would need a suitable data model.
* Can ObsCore be extended to allow for data to be found and queried in this way?
* There is a need for a standardised way to describe mock data (catalogues, images, etc)
* How much can be covered by a “Simple Data Access Protocol”? If it is designed with non-observational data in mind, as well as observational
* One of the main outcomes was that we need to be pragmatic – simulation data is extremely diverse, so we should look at what is already being done and build a methodology and standards around that.

I am not able to attend the Interop in November unfortunately, but will try to arrange another meeting at a more Europe friendly time in a few weeks.

Also, the May Interop will be in Sydney next year, and I would like to have at least a Theory IG session and one with another WG perhaps. Ideas and comments welcome!

Cheers,
Simon