pre interop telecon

Franck Le Petit Franck.LePetit at obspm.fr
Fri Mar 11 10:19:42 CET 2022

Hello Gerard,

If you organize something I will participate.

Concerning production of SimDM metadata, here, in another context than cosmological simulation, we indeed modified the code so that a run produces automatically most of the SimDM metadata.
Ten years ago, we used to write these metadata in an XML file produced by the fortran code. We found it difficult to maintain.
So now, we write directly most of SimDM metadata inside two datasets of the HDF5 file that store the outputs of the code. So, each physical quantity and input parameter stored in the HDF5 file is documented in the first metadata datasets with SimDM attributes (name, units, skos concept, utype, object type). And the second metadata dataset list the ObjectTypes and their relationships.
So, the ingestion pipeline that store the models in the data base can, thanks to these two metadata datasets of the HDF5 file map these informations with SimDM.
It is relatively convenient and I prefer it to our old XML written by the fortran code solution in term of maintenance.

Best
F.

> Le 9 mars 2022 à 17:52, Hervé Wozniak <herve.wozniak at umontpellier.fr> a écrit :
>
> Exactly what I first expected to do. Simple in mind, less simple even in optimized modern Fortran, and even with CLASSes, :-D but doable for sure. I must test several recent Fortran-XML libraries now available.
>

> Le 09/03/2022 à 17:06, Gerard Lemson a écrit :
>> Hi Herve
>>> I might be interested in participating, even if I don't have any decisive
>>> contribution to mention on the point you want to address.
>>> In the context of
>>> the development of a new N-body code, I also asked myself the question: how
>>> could I anticipate the release of the products from the development of the
>>> code? but it remained a question.
>>>
>> Maybe the code could automatically spit out XML documents according to the SimDM with metadata about the run?
>> Always hoped n-body codes could do something like that to avoid having to create them after the fact.
>> Gerard
>>> Cheers
>>> Hervé

>>> --
>>> Herve WOZNIAK
>>> Astronome
>>>
>>> LUPM
>>> UMR5299 Université de Montpellier - CNRS Place Eugène Bataillon - CC 72
>>> F-34095 Montpellier Cédex 05
>>>
>>> Tel/Phone : +33 4 6714 3902   Fax : +33 4 6714 4190
>>> https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fherve.w
>>> ozniak.fr%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cglemson1%40jhu.edu%7C8c2b2446e1b8
>>> 421ac9a408da01d8648b%7C9fa4f438b1e6473b803f86f8aedf0dec%7C0%7C0%7
>>> C637824326621802350%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwM
>>> DAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=s