Call for Theory IG presentations

Gerard Lemson glemson1 at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 12 14:47:06 CEST 2021

Sorry for the repeat, but I had the wrong subject ☹

Dear theorists
The next IVOA interoperability meeting will be held, virtually, from Nov 2-4. See https://indico.ict.inaf.it/event/1634/.

We are planning a single session this time, focus of which will be a discussion what project we could work on.
During the workshop last interop one suggestion was to create a data model specifically for data sets arising form “cosmological simulations” (i.e. those that represent and evolve a part of three dimensional space).
We can also try to work more directly with the Grid and Web Services working group on defining standards for working with and interoperating between science platforms.
Or we can try to work on a standard set of libraries for accessing such simulations, possibly starting form yt, maybe embedding them in astripy?

We can make time for one or two presentations as well, so if you would like to present some work, maybe related to these discussions points or something else that you think may be of interest, please send Simon and me an email.

Best regards

Gerard Lemson glemson1 at jhu.edu<mailto:glemson1 at jhu.edu>
Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au<mailto:simon.otoole at mq.edu.au>