[Interop College park]Call for contributions for next Interop Semantics session / Theory session

Gerard Lemson glemson1 at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 26 12:44:48 CEST 2018

Hi Carlos
(I hope this passes the theory list's moderator, but in case not I add some explicit addressees)

If anyone is interested I can give a very short presentation on porting simdm to vo-dml.
I am wondering if such a translation could simply be part of a minor version update to the standard.
VO-DML is basically a 1-1 translation of the "intermediate representation" we used in SimDM and there would be no remodeling required. Just renaming of equivalent concepts and use of the basic 'ivoa' model. I have such a translation on volute:
http://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/dm/vo-dml-org/models/simdm
It would also be useful to see how thoughts on updating (?) SimDM semantic vocabularies fit in with the volute way of representing them.

Second, inspired by the requests of Marco and David, I can talk about "FileDB". This is a method for querying large scale simulation data from within a relational database, without requiring the data to be ingested in the database.

Cheers
Gerard