purl, vocabularies and ivoa.net

nicolas moreau nicolas.moreau at obspm.fr
Mon May 22 16:16:38 CEST 2017

Dear Marco,

In order to simplify the redirection process if vocabularies are
distributed in several places,
we suggest to use the following pattern :

purl.ivoa.net/vocab/theory/ConceptName

and redirect it to Paris pages.

The use of a purl prefix makes it explicit that we are dealing with a
persistent identifier
and not a simple url.

www.ivoa.net/vocab/theory is acceptable too, it is simply not as clear
if we are