SimDM PR

Enrique Solano esm at cab.inta-csic.es
Mon Feb 6 04:59:38 PST 2012

Dear all,

Now that the SimDM PR has to be updated following TCG Chair & Vice
Chair's comments, I (as Application WG Vice Chair) would like to raise
again a couple of issues:

+ Implementation examples must be included. It is not so difficult to
include a couple of them (one for macro and one for micro-simulations)
in the main document. Look at the ONLY comment from the rest of WGs:

 >Main difficulty found with the model is generic => very complex to
understand. Could you please >provide s simple example in the use of
this model,

The model without examples is, in straightforward terms,
incomprehensible even for the VO community. Who, outside it, is going to
implement it? This is not the right way to encourage data centres to
publish their datasets using VO standards.

+ The historical description on the work made in the Theory group has
turnedout to be a source of conflicts. As said in previous e-mails, I
would vote forremoving this section.

Best regards,

Enrique.