Spectra DM for theoretical spectra?

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 3 09:58:28 PDT 2009

Good Evening,

I am working my way through the list of email I woke up to, and the
first thing I saw was a mistake on my part.

I wrote:

> 1) What we are calling Characterization in the simulation data
> model, is restricted to only provenance information.

What I meant to write was:

1) What we are calling Characterization in the simulation data model,
is NOT restricted to only provenance information.

That was the motivation for my example of measuring physical
properties such as the Mach number. These are descriptions of a
simulation that can only be found from the data, not the process by
which it was created. I apologize for adding to the confusion, and it
my fault for trying to get a response out at the end of the day.

Now, I will go through the rest of the messages, and if I make any
additional, I will strive to include all of the words in my head.

--Rick