Spectra DM for theoretical spectra?

Carlos Rodrigo Blanco crb at laeff.inta.es
Wed Jun 3 05:42:22 PDT 2009

Ok

I think it's perfectly explained (thank you).

So we are talking about provenance. All right.

Thus, I will study the work that is being doing about the provenance data
model. So far, knowing that "this is a question about provenance" doesn't
help me to tackle the problem of how knowing if what is called Teff for
one model is the same "thing" than what is called "T" fo other model.
(and for me this problem is almost exactly the same one as knowing if two
observed spectra correspond to the same "point" in sky)

The summary would be:

- This is not part of the spectrumDM.
- The provenance DM (where it seems to belong conceptually) does not
consider these kind of information right now and it is difficult because,
in real life, each model will use different parameters.
- It is not either the purpose of SimDB going to such detail level
(although it could be extended, but should be discussed if it's worth to
do so)

But, at the same time, we are told that the case of theoretical spectra is
already considered in SSAP (+SpectrumDM + ObsDM) and that we shouldn't
discuss much about it...

I think that there is still quite a deal to discuss if we want to be able
to use theoretical spectra in the VO properly.

Carlos