R: S3/SimDB

Patrizia Manzato manzato at oats.inaf.it
Tue Feb 24 01:29:36 PST 2009

Dear all,

I agree with the phrase of  Franck:

"S3 seems to me closer to the "old" SNAP with a
discovery part and a data access part. Maybe it is closer to SimDAP
than to SimDB."

indeed I'm waiting the new document of Claudio Gheller et al. regarding the
SimDAP to see if there is any restriction to include S3 as a part of the
most general protocol SimDAP, in particular include S3 inside the CUSTOMIZE
part that is contemplate inside the SimDAP. I think it could be a good way
for converging the two protocol.

Kindly regards,
Patrizia