S3/SimDB

Gerard gerard.lemson at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Feb 23 05:11:16 PST 2009

Hi Miguel

> - Regarding SimDB, I must admit that I need to look at it in more
> detail: I had been aware of SNAP, but I lost the change from
> SNAP to SimDB/SimDAP and the first notice I had about the
> possible use of SimDB on "microsimulations" was in Trieste
> interop. Any case, I think that it is interesting to discuss
> the possible uses here, in the mailing list. [Gerard has send
> some mails about SimDB, SNAP etc, however not too much
> response has been in the list, and most of the discussion has
> been done (mainly) in the Interop meetings, where not
> everybody interested are able to attend, so, reading the
> mails in the list, it is very difficult to know what's going on...]

Actuallly most discussions have gone on in a kind of "tiger team".
This is going to be more formalised, with explicit participation from
various relevant WGs as well as interested parties in TIG itsef.
If you are interested I could add you and Carlos to that group if you're
interested.
(Patrizia is in anyway) so that at least you see what discussions are going
on.

Cheers

Gerard