Theoretical access protocol

Miguel Cerviño mcs at iaa.es
Sun Jul 8 13:52:01 PDT 2007

Dear all,

following with the discussion started previously about Spectral
theoretical access,
Pedro Osuna posted  to the dal maillist a revision of the SSA
protociol with an appendix with a detailed description about the TSAP
protocol.

I just take the appendix of this document and I have put it in:

http://dae17.iaa.es:8080/~mcs/VO/TSAP.pdf

I would like to discuss a bit more in this group about this protocol.
In particular, it is not a protocol necessarily related with spectra,
but with it can be used
for any "a priori undefined" database.

In particular, for the SNAP case, at the very begin of the workflow,
it is needed
something similar to the protocol described here (unless SNAP
services will only work
as webservices without interoperatibility with other applications):
The first step before
SNAP properly began to work is to as the SNAP service what it offers!!

Additionally, it can be used for access to some theoretical services
already available.

Cheers :)