Theory meetining?

Miguel Cerviño mcs at iaa.es
Mon Oct 2 00:48:04 PDT 2006

Dear all,

I was just reading the wiki documents from the Moscow Interop.
meeting and I have
seen that it is proposed a mid-term meeting on Dec 2006 or Jan 2007

http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpSep2006Plenary/TIG_closing.pdf

where it is written:

• Need a ‘Mid-term meeting’ before next INTEROP
– likely in GarchingDecember 06 or January 07
– 1 ‘theory’ representative of each national VO
– Work breakdown between people really willing to participate to
developments/implementations

Where I would find more info about the mid-term meeting?

Additionally, there will be a conference in December in Canary
Islands about stelar population synthesis. It was scheduled in the
original program a round-table about VO, but from science and code
developers point of view, so there will be a pool of people
potencialy interested in
theory developments in the VO.
I was thinking to ask there about the output data format for
synthesis models and also about some points about characterization
(in particular I would like to obtain feedback about the "code of
codes" issue implicit in synthesis models). If there is another
questions that would be relevant
for the theory group (at this moment or for the near future), please,
let me know
(I will try to push that some people in evolutionary synthesis get
involved in the
IVOA theory group, but I am not too optimistic about this issue at
this moment)

cheers

	miguel