theory UCD session

Gerard Lemson glemson at xray.mpe.mpg.de
Tue May 16 16:51:06 PDT 2006

Dear collegues
Today the Cc:-s above met for a discussion about concepts that we need to
describe simulations. It started based on the email by Laurie Shaw with a
proposal for new UCDs. We realised that whereas some of the proposals were
properties, others were values. The former might be used to construct a
UCD, the latter to words in a/the standard vocabulary.
We decided that we first wanted to create a more comprehensive list of
these concepts, and only afterwards subdivide them into their apropriate
class, after weeding out concepts already existing in UCD list and/or
vocabulary.
To this end the first attempt is posted on the Twik pages,
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/TheorySemanticVocabulary.

Please add concepts and possible values.
It may be somewhat cryptic at the moment, this should improve.
The result will be discussed Thursday morning, first in UCD session I,
then in theory session III.
Regards
Gerard