How to Publish to the NVO

Franck Le Petit Franck.LePetit at obspm.fr
Thu May 4 14:01:36 PDT 2006

	Dear Gerard, dear Ray and dear members of VO-Theory

	I followed Ray informations to register my PDR simulation code in
the NVO registry.
	I did some mistakes (as the creation of an organization and an
authority which do not want to disappear from the registry.  I hope
this will be solved soon) but succeeded very easily to register it as
a service (marked as a skyservice - another little problem)
	It is extremely simple to do.

	Once registered, I tried several searches in the NVO as somebody
looking for a simulation code of interstellar clouds would do.
	Each time, the NVO search system has been able to find it.

	So, even if there are some points to improve, as Ray said, the way
the inscription in registries is done can be used for simulations
with a web interface (webservices as well I guess).

	Best regards and see you in Victoria.
	Franck

PS : For those who wonder, PDR codes are the codes which model the
physics and the chemistry of interstellar clouds.
PPS: If you try to access the code, you will be blocked by a login
and password. This is because it gives access to computing facilities
of the Observatory of Paris. We need a bit more computing power
before opening completely the access to the codes.

    Franck Le Petit
    LUTH
    Observatoire de Meudon
    5 Place Jules Janssen