Draft ivoatexDoc note

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed May 18 13:11:28 CEST 2022

Hi Mark,

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 01:42:28PM +0100, Mark Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2022, Markus Demleitner wrote:
> > Now that I think we're doing an acceptable job of describing how to
> > interact with github as an IVOA contributor, I'd like to publish the
> > next version of ivoatexDoc; version 1.2 (that's what is currently in
> > the doc repo) still has a lot of volute content.
>
> One thing that could be clarified; the use of git and github is
> implicit, but the document doesn't say this very explicitly in
> the obvious places.  I'd suggest namechecking git and/or github
> in the Section 4 introduction and possibly the section name too,
> and maybe somewhere in Section 1 as well.

Hm... I've paged through the document looking for "git", and while I
found (and removed) another remnant of the subversion days, I didn't
find text I could immediately improve in terms of making clear what's
"just git" and what is "github specials".  But then I found the
github policies ought to mentioned in the abstract, which lead up to
<https://github.com/ivoa-std/ivoatexDoc/pull/17>.

If you think that doesn't do the trick: Where would you see the
greatest need?

Thanks,

          Markus