Guidelines and Procedures note and version numbers

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:58:45 PST 2004

Hi Marco,

(Thanks for reminding us of the previous discussion--often necessary as
not everyone may have been aware of how we got to this point, and I know
you're not operating in a vacuum.)

> By the way, having ten possibilities to go from one level to another
> should be sufficient, simply requires some attention in producing a new
> *document*.

As Martin points out, we are demonstrating that 10 is not enough.  It
doesn't matter if we are talking about documents, schemas, or
software--the revision process is essentially the same.  I guess I'm
failing see what the advantage of the "simplified" system is.

cheers,
Ray