controlled observatory vocabulary

Ringuette, Rebecca A. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] rebecca.ringuette at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 16 19:05:00 CEST 2024

Hi Baptiste, Ryan and all,
We are beginning an effort to create a controlled vocab for observatories in Heliophysics to support the Heliophysics Software Search Interface effort. Our efforts are beginning with the missions listed in the SPASE records, but will quickly expand beyond them. We would like to build this in a way that collaborates with your efforts, e.g. the Heliophysics version of OntoPortal as Ryan has mentioned and the efforts described in a presentation I found by Baptiste (linked below). Could you please direct us to resources to help us get started in a way that is interoperable? Or, if such a structure already exists, please let us know. I did find the VOFacility structure from the IVOA semantics website (https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaSemantics/VOFacility.xsd), but that includes simulations, which will be problematic for us since simulations will eventually be included in our search interface. Perhaps we can discuss this?
https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpOct2014Reg/ObsListReg-BCecconi.pdf
Dr. Rebecca Ringuette
Principal Open Science Scientist
Heliophysics Digital Resource Library