desise format for vocabularies

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Oct 15 11:36:20 CEST 2024

On Tue, 15 Oct 2024, Baptiste Cecconi wrote:

> > Le 14 oct. 2024 à 21:26, Mark Taylor <m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk> a écrit :
> >
> > It sounds reasonable, but requiring that the desise "deprecated"
> > member has the value 'true' in desise presents a backward compatibility
> > issue, so it would be disruptive.  Recommending the value 'true',
> > for the purposes of human readability, might make sense.
>
> Since Semantics controls the vocabularies, there is no fundamental issue to update the deprecated property implementation rule.
>
> The compatibility issue would be with the tools using the "deprecated" property. Do we know who is using this ?

Stilts validators (votlint, taplint) consume the "deprecated" and
"preliminary" flags.  They wouldn't break badly if this change were made;
but in that case of course current versions would fail to report
incorrect usage (e.g.  deprecated: "1").

Mark

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          https://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/mbt/