Facilities and Instrument taxonomy

Accomazzi, Alberto aaccomazzi at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 28 00:01:29 CET 2022

Dear Semantics,

I have been asked by NASA colleagues if there is an existing taxonomy of
Missions, facilities and instruments in use in Astrophysics.  This of
course brought back fond memories of discussions I've had with some of you
over the past decade, but I'm afraid I haven't followed any of the recent
conversations on the topic.

So I found my way to the following IVOA pages:
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UniFacil
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/MetaTelInst

>From what I can gather, some progress has been made but there is still no
official list that this WG has endorsed or is even considering at this
point.  Is this correct?  And if so, are there any "work in progress" lists
that are available for inspection?

Thanks,
Alberto

--

*Alberto Accomazzi*

Program Manager and Principal Investigator

NASA Astrophysics Data System

Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

60 Garden Street | MS 83 | Cambridge, MA 02138

ads.harvard.edu | @adsabs <https://twitter.com/adsabs> | *ui.adsabs.harvard.edu
<https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu>*

*cfa.harvard.edu <https://cfa.harvard.edu>* | Facebook
<http://cfa.harvard.edu/facebook> | Twitter <http://cfa.harvard.edu/twitter>