VEP-007: datalink-core#detached-header

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Sep 15 11:25:14 CEST 2021

Hi all,
        I know that VEP-007 will be discussed today and I will not
participate.
        I got no answer to this email except recently from Markus in a
private discussion.
        I am strongly in favor of the new term itself.
        My small concern (with a proposal) is that as it is stated now
in "https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/semantics/veps/VEP-007.txt"
        The head-term of #detached-header is "documentation".
        I think that a head term like #metadata would be better.
        This term doesn't exist  up to now and I think it is  lacking.
        #metadata is different from #documentation in the sense that the
first one is machine readable while the other one is human readable
        So usage by clients would be very different. Other example for
#metadata would be #ivoa-provenance-metadata and #ivoa-obscore
        If you think this is a good idea I would like to add this term
either in the same VEP or as another VEP with the small modification of
head-term in VEP-007 itself
Cheers
François