VEP-007: datalink-core#detached-header

Baptiste Cecconi ceccobapts at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 14 17:08:37 CEST 2021

Hi all,

It looks like I have missed a bunch of lively emails on this VEP.

Let me try to wrap up the discussion, as the proposer of this VEP:
- there is a good consensus on the usage of this VEP, so let's adopt it
- there is discussion about the hierarchy (#documentation vs #metadata, yet to be defined)
- there are ideas for other #documentation or #metadata type words

Since I understand that accepting this VEP doesn't preclude introducing another VEP for adding a new term (like #metadata) and proposing to move #detached-header term as a child of the new term, I think we should accept this VEP (I need it for my services), and go to the next steps.

Next steps in this area are probably about defining terms for provenance, obscore and epncore metadata records associated to #this.

Cheers
Baptiste