Discussion om concept UCD: meta.ref.pid

Yan Grange grange at astron.nl
Wed Nov 10 10:03:27 CET 2021

Heya all,

Based on the discussions (thanks Anne, Marco, Mireille). I wonder
whether I should not alter my idea a bit:

Would it be useful to introcude meta.handle (basically for anything else
than doi, but in the same ralm) and maybe at least meta.orcid (I need to
have a look at the list of UCDs again to see if there is any
person-prefix like thing). That seems to mitigate some of the worries
that Anne has (and I agree with) that it may be a bit too broad for
practical purposes

As I think I already said: the handles are probably more persistent than
the URL of the handle resolver, so encoding the resolver in a URI may
not be ideal (thoug

Cheers,

Yan