[VEP-008] new term in product-type: #dynamic-spectrum

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jun 17 12:28:11 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 02:30:01PM +0200, Baptiste Cecconi wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> here is another VEP for the product-type vocabulary.
>
> We propose a new term: #dynamic-spectrum
>
> See here for details:
> http://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/semantics/veps/VEP-008.txt

Thanks for preparing that, but since product-type is preliminary as a
whole right now, there's no need for VEPs -- we can just edit the
vocabulary at this point.

François has volunteered to serve as an editor of the vocabulary for
now, so unless he has major qualms, I'd let him add the term and then
poke me to re-build the published vocabulary.  Me, I'm fairly happy
with the concept, the identifier, the label and the definition, so
you'd get my go-ahead.

I'd probably add it as a top-level term at this point.  I'm getting
more and more convinced that the introduction of the top-level array
classes was not a good idea (nobody is going to look for "2 d
arrays", and the original idea -- constraining to datasets that a
given client will be able to process -- probably is something we
can't do anyway), so there's no point in wasting brain cycles on that
sort of hierarchy at this point.

François, feel free to poke me if you'd like me to go through the
technical motions.

Once it's in, let's move VEP-008 to Abandoned with a comment it just
went in since the vocabulary was still preliminary; not pretty, but
better than potentially have two VEP-008s later, or to make it seem
as if VEP-008 went through a normal VEP procedure.

Thanks,

        Markus