Object types semantics

Baptiste Cecconi ceccobapts at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 3 11:38:00 CET 2021

Dear List,

A recent message reminded me that we have this this object-type vocabulary.

I checked the list quickly and it is "purely" astrophysics, and solar system is not included. It is particularly clear with:
https://www.ivoa.net/rdf/object-type#planet <https://www.ivoa.net/rdf/object-type#planet>
which explicitly refers to "extra-solar planet".

In EPNcore, we have a list of target-type which would fit into this vocabulary. If you agree, we (VESPA team + SSIG) can come up with a merging proposal.

Baptiste