[[VEP-005]<-- Re: Datalink vocabulary extension: sibling/co-generated

alberto micol amicol.ivoa at googlemail.com
Wed May 6 17:37:16 CEST 2020

Thanks François. The ESO need was for raw files taken as part of the same observation template; all those (I was calling them “siblings”) are subject to exactly the same set of calibrations.
Or to say it differently and maybe more clearly: the datalink service activated on a particular raw file returns not only the link to the calibration files that can be used to process the given raw file, but it also links to the other raw (sibling) files that can be calibrated using the same calibration files.

Do I understand correctly that “sibling” is now called “co-generated” ?

I think “co-generated” could work for this case of mine, as indeed those raw files have been generated by the same observation template (not from other data, but from the same observing process). Would that work?

If the above is correct, then I would not use “counterpart”.

Many thanks,
Alberto