Next WD of Vocabularies in the VO 2

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 15 13:42:53 CEST 2020

Dear Semantics,

After comments on how to improve the document's content by Mark and
Norman, I've uploaded a new Working Draft of Vocabularies in the VO 2
to the document repository on Friday.  See
http://ivoa.net/documents/Vocabularies/20200612/.

If you've reviewed the previous WD, there's no need to re-read the
whole thing; essentially all changes are in sect. 3:

* desise now uses dictionaries to describe the terms, so it's
  something like:

    "myterm": {
      "label": "Example Term",
      "description": "Something I'm just making up just for this"
    }

* In this dictionary, there's now information on whether a term is
  deprecated or preliminary.  And there's wider and (new!) narrower,
  too.

* The Desise media type is now application/x-desise+json.  This is
  not overly pretty for having an x-, but in contrast to the previous
  proposal it at least follows the pertaining RFCs.

I'll continue to solicit implemenations for this.  If you have
something you'd like to do with word lists or trees, by all means let
me know and try things out...

Thanks,

         Markus