VOUnit encodings

Chalk, Stuart schalk at unf.edu
Fri Jul 27 15:10:10 CEST 2018

Norman

Thank you for the comments and context of the decision about allowing unknown units.  Clearly the IVOA community went through a thoughtful process and came out with a solution that works for its use cases.  For me, this domain perspective on units is very useful as I work on the units website I mentioned, so I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again,
Stuart