Vocabulary authoring

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 12 11:48:50 CET 2018

Dear Semantics,

In the context of the upcoming vocabularies for STC-related
developments (TIMESYS, the STC2 DM), I've generalised the vocabulary
management system I've already used for VOResource (and that goes
back to Norman Gray's design for datalink), and I've moved it into a
new semantics area on volute.

I'd hope that that scales to the management of the majority of
vocabularies in the VO, and thus I'd appreciate if whoever is
interested in this could throw a glance at things.

To do that, check out (with SVN)

https://volute.g-vo.org/svn/trunk/projects/semantics/vocabularies

and in particular read the README that tries to explain how this is
supposed to work (mail gavo at ari.uni-heidelberg.de if you need commit
privileges).

A test deployment of the vocabularies already migrated is at
http://docs.g-vo.org/rdf, but if you have an apache server running
somewhere, I'd appreciate some feedback if you find it hard to make
such a test deployment yourself.

The way it's set up right now, you'll generally build all the
vocabularies in one go. I'm not sure if this would be the normal way
to work this.  If it isn't, my tentative plan would be to add
build/<vocab_name> targets, but if someone has a better idea, I'd
certainly like to hear them.

And of course I'd appreciate any other kind of feedback or
contributions.

           -- Markus