[Semantics] UCD version 1.3 : new update of the UCD list

alberto micol amicol.ivoa at googlemail.com
Wed May 10 11:36:43 CEST 2017

Thanks a lot Mireille.

I briefly checked and noticed that the phot.ADU new UCD did not make it into the new list.

phot.ADU is mentioned in a file part of the ObsCore v1.1 specifications (see B.6.4.1):
http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/ObsTap/ListForObservable25Oct2010.pdf <http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/ObsTap/ListForObservable25Oct2010.pdf>

So, either
	a. it becomes an official UCD,
or
	b. it needs to be removed from the ListForObservable25Oct2010.pdf

Personally I’m undecided whether it is better to use phot.ADU or phot.flux.density;stat.uncalib (in my case).
Some use phot.count to mean phot.ADU, but that is wrong given that phot.count is a real physical measurements: the number of photons detected,
and not just a number of counts yet to be calibrated to make sense of it...

Many thanks,
Alberto