New version of the UCD List Maintenance standard - comments by June 23rd

Baptiste Cecconi baptiste.cecconi at obspm.fr
Sat Jun 17 20:52:07 CEST 2017

Dear Françoise

I have a comment on the discussion process presented in the document. Currently, UCD "RFM" are discussed offline or during the Semantics WG at Interop meetings. There is often a discussion between the proposer and "UCD experts", so that the reality of need can be evaluated. I think we should keep the capability to interact with the proposer. This interaction is often an “outreach" action for the UCD teams and it helps the proposer to better understand the UCD concept.

I don't think the current document wording prevents the UCD Scientific board, nor the Semantics WG to interact with the proposer, but I think it would be better to mention it specifically.

Sincerely
Baptiste Cecconi