Ontologies and Vocabularies

Baptiste Cecconi baptiste.cecconi at obspm.fr
Wed May 25 10:55:52 CEST 2016

Dear colleagues,

I'm now at the JpGU conference in Tokyo, where I co-chair a session on "Open Access Data and Interoperability" with Japanese colleagues. I met here a German colleague (Bernd Ritschel) working on ontologies and vocabularies, who is also a member of RDA. He was a member of the ESPAS EU project, in which a Solar-Terrestrial Interaction ontology was developed:
http://www.espas-fp7.eu <http://www.espas-fp7.eu/>
https://www.espas-fp7.eu/portal/ <https://www.espas-fp7.eu/portal/>
http://espas.spaceweatherservices.com <http://espas.spaceweatherservices.com/>

He build a demonstrator tool to automatically map vocabularies, as part of his RDA activities. The tool is here:
http://130.54.58.244 <http://130.54.58.244/>
If you have questions, I can ask he for the presentation he gave in my session, so we can have more details on the scope and technology he used.

He is interested to ingest the Astronomy thesaurus and other vocabularies we have at IVOA (e.g., UCD) with his tool. I think that' worth trying, so I sent him the link to the Unified Astronomy Thesaurus page and that of the RDF Vocabularies in ivoa.net <http://ivoa.net/>.

Cheers
Baptiste