VOUnits: _another_ version, based on implementation feedback

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Nov 6 09:29:54 PST 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Francois Ochsenbein <Francois.Ochsenbein at astro.unistra.fr> wrote:

> * some wide-spread physical constants like the speed-of-light (c), Planck's (h)
>  Boltzmann's (k), or gravitation (G) constants -- not talking about pi -- are
>  frequently used in units (e.g. MeV/c2 for masses); the document says a few words
>  about their usage for transformations (section 3.3), but are these constants forbidden
>  in units ? Note that c,or k are unambiguous, but h is commonly used for the cosmological
>  factor, and G is collapsing with Gauss.

Speaking of physical constants, I think I had occasion to mention this before:

	http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/jres/116/6/V116.N06.A01.pdf

But perhaps didn’t reference the diagrams visible here:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposed_redefinition_of_SI_base_units

Which is to say that the SI units aren't just evolving, but the schema that ties them together.

Rob