VOUnits: _another_ version, based on implementation feedback

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 06:23:12 PST 2013

Rob, hello.

On 2013 Nov 6, at 13:16, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Perhaps a suggestion for an IVOA process improvement?  During these long and involved discussions over recommendations, how about adding a footer to every message containing the links to the document being discussed and any other pertinent context?  See below for an example.
>
> One has to go back two weeks and a couple of dozen messages to find these - and it's quite possible there was an incremental update in the interim.

That's a good point, and an interesting idea....

I've added an 'ivoadocs' signature to my mailer, as below, and I'll try to remember to (a) keep this up to date, and (b) select this in any relevant mailing list discussions.

Following Françoise's excellent suggestion, I've mailed Severin to suggest the next step.

All the best,

Norman

----
This is part of a discussion of "Units in the VO"
IVOA Proposed Recommendation 1.0-20131025
Editor(s): Sébastien Derrière and Norman Gray

PDF: http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/temp/PR-VOUnits-1.0-20131025.pdf
changes: https://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/trunk/projects/std-vounits/VOUnits.tex
changes: https://bitbucket.org/nxg/unity/commits/all
RFC: http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOUnitsRFC