utype questions

Francois Bonnarel bonnarel at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Tue May 12 04:41:59 PDT 2009

Hi Norman,
   I'll try to comment your document extensivily before interop.
But just after browsing your interesting document, let me say
a word about the scope:
   It is there to tell the software (and the human) what can be
done (as a Java/C++ "Method" or c "function") with the associated peice of
data.. It is  a functional scope. The uniqueness was never required
from this point of view. Need for UFI is coming from other point
of views (database query mainly)

Cheers
François

Francois   Bonnarel               Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg
CDS (Centre de donnees          11, rue de l'Universite
astronomiques de Strasbourg)    F--67000 Strasbourg (France)

Tel: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 11       WWW: http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/people/fb.html
Fax: +33-(0)3 90 24 24 25       E-mail: bonnarel at astro.u-strasbg.fr