W3C Semantic Web Activity News - SKOS is a W3C Proposed Recommendation

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 03:13:52 PDT 2009

Folks,

SKOS (which the Vocabularies PR depends on) is now a W3C Proposed
Recommendation:

http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2009/06/15/skos_is_a_w3c_proposed_recommendation

According to the W3C process [1], the next step is elevation to
Recommendation, apparently by acclamation and the exercise of TBL's
standardisation qi.  The review period ends on 15 July, so the
elevation to Recommendation should happen shortly after that.  The end
of July is when we anticipated that we'd move the Vocabularies
document to a IVOA REC.

I'm currently working on a validator for IVOA vocabularies, which is
waiting on a bugfix in the underlying API I'm using.  The exercise has
already exposed a couple of minor ambiguities in the document, which
I'll propose to adjust as soon as I can get the validator complete.

All the best,

Norman

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfr

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester