Vocabulary Explorer and Suggestion Server

Alasdair J G Gray agray at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 07:16:29 PST 2009

Hi,

I have just updated the Vocabulary Explorer. The main advantage of the
new version is that you can include periods in a search term, i.e. you
can now search for 'em.ir' and find the corresponding concept in the
UCD. There have also been various back of house tidying which has
improved the performance and ranking of search answers.

I have also made an XML-RPC interface to the service available. This
has a very limited subset of the functionality of the Vocabulary
Explorer, but you can perform the same sort of search and retrieve the
preferred labels for a specific concept. Full details of the service
are available from [1].

Unfortunately, there will be very limited support for the services in
the foreseeable future since this is my last day working on the
Explicator project. However, hopefully Norman will be able to provide
some level of support and when the new RA starts then perhaps the
functionality will be extended.

I'd just like to say farewell to you all. It has been great meeting
you all at the various InterOps and working with you on the
vocabularies document. I am now off to an equally soggy Manchester to
work on wireless sensor networks. Perhaps our paths will cross again
some day.

Cheers,

Alasdair

[1] http://explicator.dcs.gla.ac.uk/Vocabularies/suggestionServer.shtml