Vocabularies document 1.18 -- full steam ahead for Rec

Norman Gray NORMAN at ASTRO.GLA.AC.UK
Fri Aug 28 06:47:38 PDT 2009

Greetings, all.

News: the SKOS Reference is now a W3C Recommendation [1]; there is
therefore nothing stopping this current document from going forward to
IVOA Recommendation, except the TCG review. There are no outstanding
issues for the document (as of 2009 Aug 28) [2].

I've released a version 1.18 for the document, at

     http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/PR/Semantics/Vocabularies-20090825.html

This includes the pointer to the normative SKOS reference, plus a
couple of other minor fixes thrown up by the TCG review.

SO: The ONLY thing stopping this going forward to IVOA Recommendation
is the completion of the TCG review, which has now been ongoing since
October 2008.  Yes, the document really has been in TCG review for
almost 11 months.

     http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VocabulariesRFC

Thanks to those RG/WG (co-)chairs who have added their comments since
I last reminded people.  The only outstanding ones now are:

DAL
DM
Registry
VOQL
VOTable
Standard and Processes
Theory

Let's try to keep the TCG review period under one whole year.

Best wishes,

Norman

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/volute/issues/list

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, UK