Expressing position in RDF

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:55:56 PDT 2008

Rather, don't you really want to represent something like "object has
a WCS" and "the object's WCS corresponds to an RA of 134.556"?  Not to
be pedantic (no more so than usual, anyway), but science and
technology are chock full of data structures that don't resolve to
simple scalars.  I presume the ontological issue here is something
about how to represent cardinality, rather than the more usual finite
enumerated list of domain responses?

In any event, Matthew's question seems close to the essence of what
needs to be answered to ever hope to win the hearts of scientists.
For instance, SysML is a similar step in this direction compared to
UML, permitting assertions of physical constraints in state machines,
etc.

Rob