Vocabularies WD 1.0 published

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 10:18:36 PDT 2008

Greetings, all.

Version 1.0 of the vocabularies Working Draft has now been published
for your delectation and delight, at <http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/WD/Semantics/vocabularies-20080320.html

I therefore solicit comments on this version.

There's also an issues list at <http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/ivoa/vocabularies/issues
 >, and there are references to some of the open issues within the
current document.  None of these issues is a major problem, I believe,
but it does mean that we'll need at least one iteration of the
document before it goes to PR.  Even with this in mind, we still seem
to be on schedule to promote the document at least one stage in Trieste.

On top of that there will be occasional snapshots of the repository
version of the document at <http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/ivoa/vocabularies/
 >.  As before, the repository is available at http://volute.googlecode.com
, in projects/vocabularies.

One minor issue is that the way the individual vocabulary files (the
various namespace URIs) are served is not working quite properly
(congratulations if you even notice this).  After discussion with the
IVOA document coordinator, there seems little point in debugging this,
since the server will be upgraded to Apache 2.x before long, which
will allow us to maintain the required redirections in a more
straightforward way.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  :  University of Leicester