UCD1+ SKOS serialization (v1.23)

Alasdair J G Gray agray at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 05:58:09 PST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian Thomas wrote:
> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I (might) have need of UCD version of the vocabulary, and I (assumed) that
> 	no one else had provided a translation. The version I worked up in RDF (one in N3,
> 	the other in XML) maybe found at:
>
> 	http://archive.astro.umd.edu/UCD-SKOS/

There is already a version of UCD in the draft document. It'll be
interesting to see how your version compares with it.

At present, N3 is not one of the supports rdf types, we opted for Turtle
which is very closely related to N3.
> 	I'd be interested to get feedback on what would be desirable changes to make
> 	these documents kosher with the Vocab draft, as well as any gaffs which may
> 	have been made in translation of the UCD 1+ v1.23 doc (that is the most recent
> 	version, right?)
>
> 	A slight word about methodology:
>
> 	A. I chose to make broader/narrower categories from
> 	the 'path' in the UCD names (ex. so "phys.size" is a narrower term fro "phys").

That is what we did.
> 	B. I tokenized the names by replacing '.' (not kosher according to the draft) and
> 	captializing each word, (ex "phys.size" has the token "PhysSize").

We opted to drop the '.' and not capitalise the next letter.

Alasdair

--
Dr Alasdair J G Gray
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~agray/