Still desperately seeking GRB (Was: Re: Terms and definitions

Brian Thomas thomas at astro.umd.edu
Sat Feb 9 11:34:16 PST 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008 10:36:07 am Ed Shaya wrote:
> Here are the terms and definitions for which you seek:
> http://nedwww.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Glossary/frames.html

Hmm. Not quite. I of course immediately tried to look up "Gamma ray Burst(s)",
but got a reference to an outside work:

Glossary of Astronomy and Astrophysics, J. Hopkins, University of Chicago Press (1976)

Which looks a bit old to be accurate (in this case).

But seriously, it does look promising, and perhaps we could link to these
or at the very least re-use text (which I think should be ok, NASA is generally
releases (astronomy) information into the public domain; really need to check
the licensing to be sure tho.).

=brian