Votes? [was: Vocabularies issues]

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Feb 4 10:43:01 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Norman Gray wrote:

> I basically agree with Rick on issues 1 and 2.  Does anyone else
> have strong feelings here or should I suggest that these two are
> provisionally resolved, and adjust the text accordingly.

Seconded (thirded?)

Also - I don't care if the current draft is called a working draft or
an internal draft or what, but we shouldn't get hung up on the IVOA
process.  As with any document, the authors (and extended team and
editors) revise, revise, revise.  We're already well along in that
process.  At some point we take the document public and continue to
revise.  Eventually the final revision is reached and shortly
thereafter publication occurs.

I'm quite confident predicting that publication will occur in a timely
fashion.  In the mean time, lets just knead the standard into shape
while minimizing the overhead of satisfying external milestones.

- Rob